Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So it is Sept 15, my sweet Mimi's b'day and 3 days post due date. I have been trying to coax him out and have been telling little Finch that today is the day I wanted him to come. I really think he knows exactly where he is and he is staying on Kenyan time. The common phrase that is said here is "Pole pole" which means slowly, slowly. And that is exactly how life works around here! I am still feeling quite normal, not miserable. This is the first time that I have wanted to feel the preggo "misery" because it usually means they are on their way. We go back to the Dr this coming Friday and she will do some things to try to naturally induce labor. I have been saying that if he doesn't come on his late Mimi's birthday, then I want him to join us on the 18th (Sat). It is Auburn gameday, we play Clemson. Then we can always tell him he's been watching Auburn football since Day 1 and it will be true!
Michael's parents, Papa Jack and Shuggie, arrive to Kenya tonight. Who would have ever thought they would make the trip to Africa twice in one year!! We are so excited to have them here to help us out and spend time with their new grandson!

Please pray as we try to wait patiently on Finch's arrival. We have our doula, Rena, on standby. We are hoping to have a completely natural birth and are trying to avoid being medically induced. We are hoping to avoid any medical interventions at all. We feel prepared and excited for the hard journey ahead of us. Please pray that the Lord allows all to go well and as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment